Prof. Mauro Busacca
Speciality: Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Born in Milan, Italy, in September 30, 1949.
He developed his own clinical and scientific activity in the 2° Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology of the University of Milan from 1975 till now:
- 1975-1980: Assistant;
- 1980-1992: Researcher confirmed;
- since 1992: Associated Professor;
- since 2002: Full Professor in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Actually he is working in Melloni M. University Hospital, Milan, Italy and is Chief of Gynecological and Obstetrical Department, and Endoscopic Service.
Academic titles and Associations
- Regular Teacher of the Course of Physiopathology of Human Reproduction, Faculty of Medicine, University of Milan
- Member of the Board of the Course of Degree of the Faculty of Medecine
- President of the Board of the “Società Lombarda di Ostetricia e Ginecologia”
- Former Member of the Board of the Italian Society of Gynecological Endoscopy
- Member of the Board of the Italian Association of University Gynecologists
- Former Member of the Board of the European Society of Gynecological Endoscopy
- Member of the Editorial Board of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- Former Member of the Board of Trustees of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- Past President of the “Società Lombarda di Ostetricia Ginecologia”
Congress and Courses
He was organizer and scientific secretary of many Workshop and Congress.
He is one of the organizer and Secretary of the University Permanent Course of Laparoscopy, in collaboration with the Obstetrics and Gynecology Department of Clermont Ferrand and the Veterinary Department of the University of Milan.
He was invited as Speaker to many national and international Congresses.
He was President and organizer, in collaboration with Prof. Luigi Fedele, of the “World Congress on endometriosis and pelvic pain”, held in Milan on May 2006.
He is author and co-author more than 300 papers.
Endometriosis and fertility.
Professor Mauro Busacca